Nik Boyd @ GlobalEnglish
Dot Net Engineer, 2010 October - 2012 August
8000 Marina Blvd., Suite 810
GlobalEnglish fosters Enterprise FlencyTM at Global 2000 companies.
- Designed and built a highly scalable and highly available (24x7) text to speech conversion service with VisualStudio 2008, C#, WCF, MS Voice, Spring.NET. Deployed the initial prototype and voices (SAPI) into Microsoft Azure.
- Designed and built a highly scalable and highly available (24x7) speech recognition service with VisualStudio 2008, C#, WCF, EduSpeak, Spring.NET.
- Revamped the speech recognition server-side architecture from a 3-process model to a 1-process model. Simplified the speech recognition service with VisualStudio 2008, IIS, WCF, REST, Spring.NET.
- Reconfigured the speech recognition server-side architecture to support deployment in the cloud with Microsoft Azure (Web Role), SQL Azure, Visual Studio 2010, .Net 4.0.
- Designed and built learner enrollment web services with Microsoft VisualStudio 2008, C#, WCF, Spring.NET.
- Designed and built learner account domain model classes with Microsoft VisualStudio 2008, C#, NHibernate, LINQ, SQLite. Annotated the domain classes with NHibernate mapping attributes to support domain driven design and automatic database schema generation (hbm2ddl).
- Used extensive unit tests to support refactoring,
continuous integration, and automated regression testing.
- Designed and developed unit tests with NUnit and TestDriven.NET.
- Collaborated with other team members using PivotalTracker Agile project management system.
- Participated in project iteration planning and effort
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.