Nik Boyd @ Intuit
Sr. Software Engineer, 2004 December - 2007 March
Intuit Small Business
2235 Mercury Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Intuit Small Business Division offers simple solutions for home and
small business usage.
- Co-developed a mobile phone and web-based service for collecting and
organizing expenses using Java, JBoss, JSF, Hibernate, Spring, and
- Led workshops to promulgate unit testing and test-driven development
with JUnit and NUnit.
- Developed Java classes and JUnit tests to demonstrate
the Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) with Hibernate as the
- Designed and developed a data transfer library and framework
based on a cabling metaphor. Each data cable connects a data source to a
data sink. Data values are transfered automatically from the source to the sink
whenever a source value changes and both cable endpoints are connected. Cable
structures are defined using XML. This library was developed using
Microsoft C# and .NET, with VisualStudio 2005.
- Designed and co-developed frameworks, application components, and
QuickBooks Easy Estimate using Microsoft C# and
.NET, with VisualStudio 2003, as well as XSDs and
XML with Altova XmlSpy. Designed and developed application
support libraries, including file location conventions, data file and cache
file maintenance, most recently used file tracking, problem reporting and
logging, data migration, human interface controllers and actions, human
interface component assembly and discovery, menu and tool bar assembly, dialog
construction, message resource access, application launch and shutdown.
- Designed and co-developed frameworks, application components,
business objects, and service interfaces for a retail desktop construction
management system using Microsoft C# and .NET,
- Designed and developed the product human interface menu and
navigation framework. Product menus and navigation were configured using
XML. Designed an XML schema for defining the product menus and
navigation using XmlSpy. Designed and developed the product menu and
navigation framework using C# and .NET.
- Designed and co-developed service-oriented architectural
frameworks using C# and .NET. Designed and co-developed a
service gateway framework for separating the presentation and business object
- Used extensive unit tests to support refactoring,
continuous integration, and automated regression testing.
Designed and developed unit tests using the NUnit testing framework,
including the NUnitForms extension library for human interface testing.
- Collaborated with other team members using a Wiki web.
- Drafted C# design and coding conventions.
- Participated in project iteration planning and effort
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.